Home / Latest News / Breaking News: NJC Takes Action On Allegations Against Onnoghen – Tanko Muhammad

Breaking News: NJC Takes Action On Allegations Against Onnoghen – Tanko Muhammad

The National Judicial Commission (NJC) on Wednesday took a decision on the allegations of misconduct brought against suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Walter Onnoghen.

The NJC reached a decision after an emergency meeting to examine the report of the five-man committee set up to investigate the petitions against Onnoghen and Muhammad. However, it refrained from making its findings public.

In a statement released to newsmen, the NJC said its recommendation had been sent to President Muhammadu Buhari.

NJC statement added, “The National Judicial Council reconvened today in an Emergency Meeting to consider the Report of the Five-Man Committee constituted to investigate the allegations of misconduct made against Hon. Mr. Justice W. S. N. Onnoghen, GCON and Hon. Mr. Justice I. T. Muhammad CFR,” Soji Oye, NJC’s Director of Information, said in a statement on Wednesday.

“Council decided that the allegations relating to assets declaration that were levelled against Hon. Mr Justice W. S. N. Onnoghen, GCON were subjudice and therefore abstained from considering them.

“Council reached a decision on the petitions written by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and others and conveyed its decision to President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR.

“Council also resolved that, by the nature of the decision reached, it would be inappropriate to publicise it before conveying it to Mr President.”

Facebook Comments

About YourDaily's Agency

Check Also

Breaking: S’East govs reject community policing template proposed by IGP

The South-East Governors’ Forum on Sunday rejected the community policing template proposed by the Inspector-General …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WP2FB Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com